Updates whenever!!!!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sidewinder

A few days ago I posted my homemade guitar mod and talked all about it. It might get you to wondering, can i even play the guitar? Well sure I can, though I've taken no classes to help me learn and thus I've been trying to learn on my own since August 2007. That's going on 4 years of practice, and unfortunately I'm nowhere near where I want to be. I have tried various methods of helping myself learn, such as VHS tapes, DVDs, online instructions of various types, but none of them really hit the spot. I have a few family members who can play quite well, and I pick up various tips and tricks out of them occasionally but nothing worth celebrating over.
The only thing that I feel has actually helped a bit is practicing off of tabs. I take multiple daily trips to Ultimate-Guitar.com to check out whatever songs I hear on the radio or wherever. I start off slowly and in a couple hours I usually see results. If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll search up an incredibly difficult song and get at it.
I'm currently working on playing the solo to a song called Sidewinder by Avenged Sevenfold. I have to say, it is one of the most beautiful guitar pieces I have ever heard in my life. I've picked up a bit of motivation from a guy on YouTube whose name is usucknoob123. He has uploaded a video of him playing along to the song in January of 2010 and I must say, it just might be the best one on YouTube. Take a look.

18 comments:

  1. A7X and an acoustic guitar just sounds odd together. But props where props are due, that dude is talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on learning to play that guitar.
    I used to have one and could play some easy tabs but for some reason it didn't keep me interested for long. Guess it just wasn't my type of instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty good. hope to see more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah great video. The dude looks like he's enjoying himself. Gotta love what you do, otherwise don't do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd consider getting some lessons, It helped greatly for me with my teacher picking up on several problems I had, especially with my picking action and how my hand was gripping the neck of the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love people who can play!!! Its too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learning how to play on the internet is how I did it! There are definitely some sweet videos out there to teach just about anybody! Good Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressive. I dabbled in the guitar a little bit, but just didn't have the drive to stick with it I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. got alot of practicing to do before i can do shit like that

    been playing for 6 years and still can't play that fast

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't really know much about guitars, but the guy in the video was pretty good i gues :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm trying to teach myself as well actually. I probably started trying seriously around the time you did, and you're lightyears ahead of me buddy. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete