Updates whenever!!!!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dead West

Up next is something very interesting. I have a good friend across the state from me who has a hobby that's quite rare you might say. Texas in general is filled with hundreds of ghost towns and each of them have different stories as to why they were suddenly abandoned. Now we all know how dusty and boring west Texas is, so he focuses on the pretty east Texas country. My friend's name is Caleb, and this is his hobby.
Prior to each town visit, he will usually be researching history of these old town or talking to locals nearby the site to find out exactly how to get to the towns and other lesser known information. You can't simply walk right into Mord... I mean ghost towns. They don't exactly build highways right through them.
Anyways, it's not my story to tell. I highly recommend you take a visit to his page and comment on his journeys.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip, Ghost Towns are fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet. following your friend aswell :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. already following him, its an interesting blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool. Glad I live in central Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could check that out, far too far away xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll follow your bro, those journeys to creepy places amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate it guys, he first introduced the project to me while we were hanging out one day. I was supposed to tag along and be a part of it all but I had a change of plans and had to move across the state.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ghost towns fasicinate me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cool travel blog. Nice photo ops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was well written... got me interested!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet its like exploring the ghost town, but without having to leave my computer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always been into the paranormal, so this is a interesting find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome site for the paranormal!
    Will definitely follow, and be prepared to see my comments in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Showing my gf this, she willl piss her pants
    Awesome Useful Sites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. creepy as hell. i wouldnt do that..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love visiting places like this. But in Europe they're quickly changed into tourist attractions.

    ReplyDelete