Updates whenever!!!!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Building up

I don't want to bore any of you with posts that are all about the Corps, but I will highlight it once a week, mostly for my own reference in later dates.
Along with my commitment comes great change. One of those is new to me, and involves getting muscle. They call it working out. I was always the couch potato guy, sitting around watching House all day all the while playing Minecraft (which is a great game by the way).
Getting built up is quite a challenge for me, being small-boned and previously lazy. With the help of a friendly online community targeted for fitness in people like me, I have found a few ways to get exactly what I needed. I used to weigh in at 119 lbs, the minimum for the Marine Corps at my height is 125 lbs.
Using a program called GOMAD, I am easily capable of gaining one pound each day by simply drinking a Gallon Of Milk A Day. Milk has a lot of fat in it, so I of course have to keep working out on top of all this.
I lack self motivation when it comes to physical activities, so I started yet another program just for this. You have probably heard of it, and it's called P90X and it was introduced into this world by a man named Tony Horton. If your looking for serious muscle, P90X is the way to go. Tony Horton believes in drinking what he calls recovery drinks right after each workout. These recovery drinks are pack full of protein and a few other supplements that your muscles practically beg for when they are worn down from a hard workout. This is what I have been using.

One hundred percent whey protein, the kind of protein that comes from milk. Mix a scoop of this chocolaty powder in with a cup of milk and you got yourself some protein chocolate milk. It tastes a little odd for a week or two but you get used to it. I've actually started liking the taste.
This is a lot of change for me, and a lot of responsibility too. It's definitely a struggle to change my daily habits, but it has paid off already more than I would have ever expected.

17 comments:

  1. Awesome blog, keep it up!

    -Zach
    Come add you're blog to my list at evanztories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. followed you,
    colinandnick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. pulled a prank on my buddy a while ago. shit in his protein. He wasn't too stoked :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep it up, try some kreotine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! I'm on a workout routine myself. Can't wait to hear about your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, as PS3 Fnatic said, kreatine also helps, my brother use it and approves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer and I'm starting to workout too.

    You should make a post with more info on protein.

    ReplyDelete
  8. goodluck on your journey man! onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i don't like these,my brother was taking this then the doctor told hem it's not healthy

    ReplyDelete
  10. @shadi

    As long as it's 100% whey protein it should be fine. If you don't do intense workouts then the protein will literally turn right into fat so I hear. A body can take over 100g of protein daily, and these are only 20g per serving. Other than that, I've read all the ingredients on them and they are of my knowledge and very common ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tried out a session of P90X, it was hard to start up but a good workout even for beginners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @The_illustrative_Mind

    definitely hard to start out. the good thing is, if your weaker and can't do as many reps as they can on the video, that just gives you more rest time, so it evens out into any skill level.

    ReplyDelete
  13. working out more aswell, deffinatialy pass off.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use nectar and it has a great taste. This stuff is great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. throw some milk in the whey and you've got a decent milkshake

    keep working hard

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just started p90x+ a couple weeks ago, its really intense and I have been gaining nothing but muscle since then. I used to be really scrawny as well

    ReplyDelete